Choosing a DJ
If your event includes a reception that runs late into the night you’re probably going to be in the market for some evening entertainment.
Your entertainment choice will significantly define how the evening unfolds and is remembered. If you have an amazing DJ who is really in tune with his audience your wedding will be the talk of the town for years to come, all future events will be held up to the standard that was set at your event. In the same way if your DJ sucks it’ll be remember for a long time and the place will clear out early.
- The first question you have to ask yourself is do you want a band or a DJ?
- A professional should be well versed in all types of events and should be able to coordinate and manage all the events of your evening.
- Choose someone who is clearly focused on putting the spotlight on you – the special couple.
- Make sure their catalog fits with your desired atmosphere.
- Someone who is familiar with your venue is a bonus because they’ll be familiar with the setup and acoustic requirements.
- Make sure you speak with the actual DJ you will have at your event.
- Make sure they are insured and a member of a professional association like the CDJA.
- Most importantly make sure they fit right with your style and tastes and that they give you that good warm and fuzzy feeling.